I’m a big believer in using Camtasia for a variety of things. If you aren’t familiar, Camtasia is, “A powerful, yet easy-to-use screen recorder, Camtasia helps you create professional videos without having to be a video pro.” And while it sounds like I am really trying to sell you on Camtasia, I’m not. It is just the screen recording software I have the most experience using and I like it – a lot. It’s my trusty sidekick in the digital marketing agency world, and today, I’m letting you in on its magic.
Training Made Easy
As a digital marketing agency, I find it useful in so many ways. After every website project, I whip up a custom training video. Why? Because it’s a triple threat:
- Flexibility: Clients can watch it on their own time, no hassle.
- Knowledge Archive: It’s a living record of how to navigate their new website. (Having a recorded training video means when people leave, the only organizational knowledge of making website updates doesn’t leave with them.)
- Budget-Friendly: No need for expensive on-site training – that’s a win for your wallet. (So many agencies want to do on-site training, which is time-consuming and expensive. Also, sometimes these costs are not listed as a separate line item but are a big reason a new website costs $30k+).
2) Education Extravaganza
Besides training, it is also useful for education. In fact, one of the things I have done in the past and plan to continue to do is digital marketing tips and tricks videos. From Google Webmaster Tools education videos to webinars, Camtasia makes things easy.
3) Proposals with Pizzazz
In 2015, we decided to spice up our proposals for our digital marketing agency. Instead of a dull 6-page document, we send a 3-5 minute video summarizing the proposal’s key points that we still do today! Why? Three simple reasons:
- Transparency: We explain why we’ve included certain elements.
- Efficiency: We condense the proposal, saving you from slogging through pages.
- Face Time: We get in front of you (virtually), one more chance to connect.
We’d love to chat on the phone about proposals, but we respect your time. A video review lets us convey the essence without eating up your day.
If you are in a business that has a need to educate, train, or sell to a prospect or client, you may want to think about using screen recording software. And if you, like me, aren’t a video editing genius, Camtasia seems to be as easy as they come. Give Sharp Guys Web Design a holler if you would like to learn more about our digital marketing agency efforts!